Monday, March 13, 2017

People who changed freestyle that you don't remember: Jeremy Alder


With Steve Swope's Old School BMX Reunion at Woodward West Happening this coming weekend (March 18-20, 2017), I decided to dredge my memories for some of the people who changed BMX freestyle forever, but you have have forgotten.  At :27 in this video you see East Coast rider Jeremy Alder huck a barspin air, the first person ever to do that to the best of my knowledge.  I think he debuted this trick in 1987.  Lots of great riders were inventing new stuff back then, but Jeremy gave us one of the now standard and classic tricks of all times.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post! To add a little to your post...I (Jeremy ALder) did the first full barspin in April of 1988 at a local Maryland AFA contest and then later did the full barspin at the Rockville BMX Haro show that summer in 1988. Then I did the full barspin in a AFA Masters Series for the first time in Ohio in September (I believe) of 1988...

    ReplyDelete