Monday, January 9, 2017

Recent BMX drawings

 Here's the three I've done over the last few months.  On the left is my take on a classic early photo of then Haro pro Ron Wilkerson.  Top right is my color take on one of my favorite street photos ever, the epic black and white shot of Vic Murphy launching a one foot tabletop off a curb jump.  Bottom right is my color drawing of the best photo I've ever taken, a B & W panning shot of Dave Vanderspek on his GPV (gravity powered vehicle) at the Palm Springs Tramway race and ramp jam in 1987.  I do sell these drawings, and I'll also be giving some away now and then to people who buy my BMX magnus opus:  Freestyle BMX Tales: The Book. 
 Here's a closer look at the Wilkerson drawing.  I usually add words and phrases to my drawings.  In this case, a bunch of things Ron contributed to BMX freestyle.  All three of these drawings are 18" X 24", and all done in my unique "scribble style" with Sharpies on paper.
Vic top, Vander bottom, slightly closer up pic.  You can see more of my work on my art blog: Steve Emig Art.

My main blog now is about building creative scenes, check it out:
The White Bear's Making a Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment