Monday, January 9, 2017

Mike Dominguez BLASTING airs in 1988



I've been going through old video clips for research on my book, and I saw this one pop up on the side on You Tube.  Had to watch it.  I was at this contest watching this.  The ramps are both 8 foot high quarters with no vert, I know, I've helped set these ramps up.  This is Mike Dominguez at his peak.  Before Simon Tabron and Jamie Bestwick and Kevin Robinson and Dave Mirra and when Mat Hoffman was just a hot up and coming (though already full factory) amateur, was Mike Dominguez.  The railing on these ramps are exactly four feet high.  His first air is a solid 12, maybe 13 feet out.  His 540 is AT LEAST 8 to 9 feet out if you count by lowest point of the bike, like many did at the time.  If you go by sprocket height, it's 10, maybe 11 feet out.  I think this is the highest 540 I've ever seen done live.  EVER.  This isn't footage I shot, but I'm sure glad somebody shot it.  These are some of the highest airs ever, by anyone, on the AFA era 8 foot quarterpipes.  Austin, Texas AFA Masters 1988.  Enjoy.

My main blog now is about building creative scenes, check it out:
The White Bear's Making a Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment