Tuesday, November 2, 2021

My bike memes #3

When I first learned to ride a bike, which was at age 6, in 1972, this was my dream bike.  My dad built my first rat bike out of a pile of parts in our garage.  I had five different bikes I wanted him to build up back then, but the super long chopper was the ultimate ride I could imagine.  Easy Rider had just come out, and harcore bikers riding choppers were a prety frequent sight back then.  I didn't even hear of BMX for five more years, as a kid in small town Ohio. 
First, be glad you don't have to wear a marching band uniform to jump a 20-25 foot gap.  Second, be REALLY glad you live in the age of Chromoly, this guy was jumping on a mild steel frame.  Now how crazy does this jump look?
The guitarist we all know as Slash today was actually a gifted BMX rider, jumper, and racer in the mid-1970's, when he was about 13-14.  Then he met skateboarder Steven Adler, who showed him a guitar...
I made this one for all the BMX collectors out there.
Yep, ladies were pulling tricks waaaaaaay before Krys Dauchy came along. 
I'm not sure why this monstrosity was built.  But I love the fact that this guy is about to attack something wearing a black derby. 
Self-explanatory.

I have a new blog abou BMX, skate, art and other cool spots, check it out:

The Spot Finder     #thespotfinder
 

No comments:

Post a Comment