Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Freestyle BMX Tales: The Book


You can see me shooting video in this clip, on the far side of the left deck.  I was half asleep.  I spent the night before in the Phoenix airport with the $50,000 betacam camera in its case, between my legs.  A canceled flight left me stranded for the night, hoping the betacam wouldn't be stolen.  I got off the plane and took a cab straight to the baseball field where this contest was being held and climbed up on the deck right as practice was ending.  I think Mat's (1 footed) 900 here is his second ever 900 in a contest.  Someone, I never heard who, was making up names on the scoreboard for each rider.  A good day.

Freestyle BMX Tales: The Book (sort of) is coming February 1st, 2017.  You can order one of the limited run of 250 today.  Check back a little later for the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment